• To provide support and information to parents of individuals with sex chromosome variations including XXY, XYY and more
• To provide support and information to individuals living with XXY (Klinefelter Syndrome), XYY and other sex chromosome variations
• To provide awareness and information to education and health professionals and the wider community on sex chromosome variations; to advocate and lobby on behalf of our community
Sex chromosome variations are common, but often not well understood by education and health professionals. It can be an isolated and frustrating journey both before and after receiving a diagnosis.
We’d like to change that.
Click through the links at top and bottom of the page to access our resources.
Please get in contact so we can help you with information and support, and you can tell us about your situation:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - we’ll get back to you very quickly with a local contact, or someone in a similar situation
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/306743499482574 (message here for entry into the Secret group)
• Brisbane, Friday 1 July 2016: Winter get together for adults and families. Restaurant close to city
• Sydney, Saturday 23 July 2016: Weekend Seminar, Family day at entertainment quarter. Chat to others about your situation
• Sydney, Sunday 24 July 2016: Weekend Seminar, Information day at the Garvan Institute with medical professionals and latest information
• Melbourne, Saturday 8 October 2016: Information day at RCH with medical professionals and latest research
•Melbourne, Sunday 9 October 2016: Family day. Meet up and make connections with others in your situation
Our group includes adults, families with children young and old and expectant couples. AXYS members are located all over Australia and New Zealand. Small get togethers for coffee and chat won't be listed here. We can match you up with contacts in your area. To find out location details for any events please contact us.