• To provide support and information to parents of individuals with sex chromosome variations including XXY, XYY and related variations
• To provide support and information to individuals living with XXY (Klinefelter Syndrome), XYY and other sex chromosome variations
• To provide awareness and information to education and health professionals and the wider community on sex chromosome variations; to advocate and lobby on behalf of our community
Sex chromosome variations are common, but often not well understood by education and health professionals. It can be an isolated and frustrating journey both before and after receiving a diagnosis.
We’d like to change that.
Paul BM has KS. He has a Bachelor of Health Science (Hons) and works in government as a heritage officer. He was diagnosed at age 28 and fights for change and wins for the X&Y community. He leads on men’s issues at AXYS.
Anita D is the mum of three gorgeous boys with KS (47XXY). Her career as a Nurse Manager is paused while she works hard to get the right support to ensure the boys receive the maximum early intervention so they can thrive and live life to the fullest. She leads parental education and support for parents of younger children at AXYS.
Sara M and husband Ed have a young son who is 47XXY, diagnosed at four months following feeding difficulties and developmental delay. Sara is a human rights lawyer and works on AXYS’s advocacy and policy related matters and legal structure.
Susie V’s son was diagnosed 47XXY when he was 7 following language and processing delays. She has attended the US Parent Conference in Denver, Colorado and built her learning there on X&Y conditions. She works in marketing and looks after communications and parental support for AXYS in Australia.
Please get in contact so we can help you with information and support, and you can tell us about your situation:
• Email: email@example.com - we’ll get back to you very quickly, normally same day
• Telephone hotline 0412 038 142: we are volunteers and answer when we can or will call you back as soon as we can, normally same day
• Facebook: View the public Facebook portal (message us on firstname.lastname@example.org for entry into the Secret group)
Upcoming and recent events:
• Sydney for the Boys Meet Up, Saturday 11 March 2017. Boys and men get together in a north shore hotel
• Melbourne, Sunday 19 March 2017. Families get together in gardens near the city.
Small get togethers for coffee and chat won't be listed here. We can match you up with contacts in your area. To find out location details for any events please contact us.Our group includes adults, families with children young and old and expectant couples. AXYS members are located all over Australia and New Zealand.